Every energy efficiency program in the nation, whether a full energy audit or Home Energy Score requires a 3rd party QA oversight process. When it comes to Real Estate this is even more important! The last thing a Real Estate Agent wants is another auditor re-doing what in their mind, was already done by a professional home inspector or a home owner complaining that the score is wrong. Moreover, a realtor will not allow their clients, the sellers, to absorb any more undue stress or physical inspections than need be.
This is where I.D. energy’s Desktop Q.A. oversight comes in. It eliminates the burden of required physical field QA in the real estate market and ensures a higher quality Home Energy Score assessment. If completed professionally and correctly, this process will enhance Real Estate transactions for REALTORS and customers alike, and enhance the real estate experience such that listings will sell faster. Our hope is that we can publish these statistics in time to come.
In April 2018 I.D. Energy was awarded the “Innovation Award” by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Home Energy Score for our approved remote quality assurance program. It’s called “Desktop QA” or DTQA. It is simple, easy and an efficient way to accomplish your QA requirements without interrupting the daily schedules of your real estate agent network.
Rather than performing a second independent in-field assessment for Quality Assurance, the DTQA Auditor receives photos of the home’s key features. Using these photos and other supporting information readily available, the Auditor can enter a separate QA on the DOE scoring tool, and verify the data entered by the Assessor compared to the photo evidence, matches that of the inspector. Any points of contention can be discussed through automated notifications and emails between the Assessor and QA Auditor. At the end, this becomes an excellent learning experience for the inspector, and in all ways, helps to shape the inspector’s skills and technical expertise.
- Prices Per Assessor. Advanced purchase required
- For Per Score Pricing – 20 score min purchase, 1 year or 20 score expiration whichever is reached first.
- For Unlimited Scores – expires 1 year from the purchase date.
- The Assessor must complete all DOE training requirements and activated as an “approved assessor” by the DOE.
- Scores must be entered using Paperless Inspectors profile and/or mobile app.
- Each Score submitted will be tracked accordingly and QA will be performed on at least 5% by DOE requirements. See All DOE Requirements.
- Required photo schedule is mandatory with each score. Examples and Photo Checklist resources will be available upon activation.
- QA reports returned to assessor will include detailed feedback by an approved DOE auditor.
- Reports with significant errors will required to be corrected by the assessor and returned to client.
- Reoccurring errors or missing required photos may be subject to corrective action. Corrective action may include additional training and/or deactivation from the program.
- When payment for your DTQA is accepted you will be required to adhere to the terms and conditions above.
Our DTQA program is designed to give the assessor the greatest amount of support and feedback for the Home Energy Score. As a part of your QA cost you will have access to our online national Facebook community of Home Energy Score Assessors as well as the following resources;
- Includes access, profile, and instruction to the Home Energy Scoring Tool on Paperless Inspectors and I.D. Energy’s Mobile App.
- Includes full Technical and Program Support.
- Includes access to I.D. Energy’s “Exclusive Marketing Suite.”
- Access to personal training and webinars for additional cost if requested.
Prices Per Assessor. The Assessor must complete their Mentored Home Energy Score and receive QA on their initial 5 QA scores to participate in the Desktop QA Program. Advanced purchase required. I.D. Energy will track your scores and QA accordingly to DOE requirements. Each Score submitted will count towards your purchased score(s) and QA will be performed on at least 5% by DOE requirements. Photos are required with each score. Includes access to the Home Energy Scoring Tool on Paperless Inspectors, Mobile App, and Tech and Program Support.
Unlimited 1 Year QA:
Available 1 Year from purchase date. Get Unlimited Home Energy Score QA Oversight and include with every inspection providing superior service above competitors. Prices Per Assessor. The Assessor must complete their Mentored Home Energy Score and receive QA on their initial 5 QA scores to participate in the Desktop QA Program. Advanced purchase required. I.D. Energy will track your scores and QA accordingly to DOE requirements. Each Score submitted will count towards your purchased score(s) and QA will be performed on at least 5% by DOE requirements. Photos are required with each score. Includes access to the Home Energy Scoring Tool on Paperless Inspectors, Mobile App, and Tech and Program Support.